Villages at Mt. Hood
I. Activity Title: __Mountain Heritage Homes - Preservation, Documentation, and Showcasing_
II. Community Need/Rationale:
The Villages at Mt. Hood have lost a number of their heritage homes to the elements, neglect, ambitious renovation, a lack of understanding of how to preserve the structures, and a general lack of understanding of what the history of the area is. The community needs to have resources, help, and encouragement to protect this diminishing heritage.
III. Name of organization: Heritage Homes of Mt. Hood Working Group_____ Web site:_ __
in conjunction with Mt. Hood Cultural Center and Museum
1. Is the organization: incorporated? ____community group? _XX_____informal group?____
2. Leader/coordinator name:__Nancy Dougherty____________________________
3. Leadership group members names:
Margaret Caldwell, Liz Slausen and
the members of the Rhododendron CPO
IV. What is needed from Clackamas County (agency, resources, standing)?
Agency: the ability to apply for grants
Resources: Documentation from county archives, Staff assistance on historical significance
V. Summarize Activities and accomplishments to date.
1. an inventory of the homes has been started in the Rhododendron Area
2. document in the form of pictures and architectural measurements are being collected
3. seminars on how to preserve and showcase the homes
4. tours of homes have been held and are planned for the future
5. the plans are:
a) create a complete inventory the historic homes in Villages at Mt. Hood
b) work with owners to document and preserve
c) educate the community as to the history of the area
d) have fun with tours and parties!
VI. How has the Activity been funded to date?
How will being "supported" change that
Becoming a supported activity will raise the visibility to the community and allow
the group to obtain more support from Clackamas County.
Use and maintenance of this domain and web site is donated by
©2006 Mocha Express Commentaries, the business/technology/organizational dynamics blog,
all rights reserved