From: Sharon Lamoreaux [Sharon@leoketel.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 25, 2007 11:22 AM
To: SCorwin2006@BarlowTrail.org; Alma; Anna; Ben; Carol B; Carol H; Curt T; Curt T; Dale C; Dan & Sheri; Darl; Dee & Jim; Douglas; Ed C; Francis R; Judy; Linny; Liz; Margaret; Margie A; Michelle L; Nancy; Norman; Pat & Walt A; Renee L; Steve ; Steve F; Steve W; Susan; Tim P; Uday S; Vlad
Subject: CPO minutes for January 20,2007

 

 

January 20, 2007

Rhododendron CPO Meeting Minutes

 

Six people in attendance a it was determined there was a Quorum.

 

I. Meeting called to order by Nancy Dougherty at 10:30

   Nancy welcomed all attendees.

 

II. SECRETARY’S REPORT – Sharon Lamoreaux 

 

Sharon read the minutes from the last Rhododendron CPO meeting held in November 2006.  The minutes were approved as read.

 

III. TREASURER’S REPORT- Sharon Lamoreaux

 

The beginning balance in the Rhododendron CPO Checking account, as of December 1, 2006 was $583.64. Since there was no activity during December, the ending balance remains the same.

Sharon requests members to turn in original receipts for reimbursement from the CPO and also so they can be submitted to Clackamas County for reimbursement to the CPO.  It is Sharon’s understanding that the county will reimburse the CPO up to $150 annually.  Nancy seems to remember that the county gives the CPO $150 annually regardless.  Nancy is going to look into this matter to find out which of us is correct.

 

OLD BUSINESS:

 

IV. REPORT ON PROGRESS WITH ODOT ON CHANGING SPEEDSIGNS, ETC.  – Steve Graeper

 

On November 22, 2006 Richard Watanabe of O.D.O.T. wrote the following to Steve Graeper:

“The traffic folks have just finished the details on the signing changes discussed at our previous meeting (July, 2006). Here is a brief summary of the signing changes to be made –

 

General

 

East Bound

West Bound

 

In addition, the speed check has been completed and the results evaluated.  We would like to schedule a time to meet with you to discuss the results.”

 

On November 24, 2006 Steve Graeper replied to Richard Watanabe:

 

Regarding the Rhododendron Speed sign changes – We appreciate anything your sign people can do to increase the visibility of the speed reduction through Rhododendron. I’m not sure of the location of the Mile posts to which you refer, but it sounds like they are in the same general area of where they are currently.  We had initially talked with Bill about the possibility of extending the speed reduction area through Rhododendron to begin, West Bound, (Coming down the Mt.) just across from the Toll Gate, so as to include the first and eastern most house and driveway in Rhododendron.  According to Bill, moving the 40 MPH Speed sign eastward to that point would also mean that the East bound 55 MPH would begin at that point as well.  His initial thoughts were that moving the speed area at the east end of Rhododendron was very doable and we had hoped that when the signs got updated that would take place.

Any possibility that could happen?

 

The residents of Rhododendron are very concerned with the safety of vehicles turning from Hwy 26 onto Forest Service Road 20 at the east end of Rhododendron.  Moving the 55 MPH further east, up the highway could perhaps start to curtail those who see the 55 MPH sign from the middle of Rhododendron from beginning to speed up.  That area near Road 20 where the highway makes the transition from 4 lanes to 2 is of particular concern and if traffic could start slowing/speeding further east of Rhododendron that would be viewed with a very positive eye by Rhododendron residents.

 

We also spoke with Bill about moving the beginning of the speed reduction area at the West end of Rhododendron to a point near Still Creek Road or just west of the Zig Zag River Bridge.  That, however, is not nearly as critical as extending the Eastern end of Rhododendron.

 

I’d be interested in ODOT’s view with regard to moving the Eastern speed limit boundaries in Rhododendron and if it can’t be accomplished now, what hoops we need to jump through to see it happen in the near future.

 

A Special Meeting for the community to hear about the results from the speed check and to discuss the status on the above issues with ODOT will be scheduled for early February.

 

 

 

V. REPORT ON PROGRESS OF THE RHODODENDRON PARK THROUGH THE VILLAGES – Steve Graeper

 

The Rhododendron Bridge Park is now looked upon through the Villages of Mt Hood as a viable project for funding through Clackamas County.

Step One: Establish boundaries.  Steve is going to contact the county about survey costs and moving forward with this.

Step Two: Landscape design.

 

Nancy moved that Steve Graeper to write a letter to Christine Roth

Sheri Holm seconded, and all voted in favor.

 

VI. BARLOW TRAIL ASSOCIATION – Susan Corwin – THANKS TO THOSE WHO DONATED FUNDS FOR OUR RHODODENDRON DAR GARDEN – Dale Crockett

Since Susan was unable to attend, Nancy Dougherty gave Dale Crockett a personal thanks, and a reimbursement form for reporting on income taxes.

 

NEW BUSINESS

 

CLACKAMAS COMMUNITY MEDIATION AND DISPUTE RESOLUTION CENTER – Kathleen Butler

 

Nancy Dougherty reported that Clackamas County can provide mediation for dispute resolution and wanted to know if this is something Rhododendron might like to find out more information about?? They will send someone out to speak to us at no charge about how one can dispute in a rational manner.

Steve Graeper made the motion to proceed with setting a time for someone to speak to us about the process. Dale Crockett moved for this to happen, everyone voted in favor. 

Nancy will work on setting a date and time for this to happen in April.

 

 

OTHER NEW BUSINESS: C.P.O. DINNER AND MEETING ON JANUARY 30TH AT 6:30 PM IN OREGON CITY.

 

This dinner is for discussing the steps for fund raising and establishing 501(c) (3) status. 

If you are interested in attending, please contact Nancy Dougherty at: 622-4789

Sharon Lamoreaux and Nancy Dougherty will be attending.

 

RESTRICTIONS IN BCC BUSINESS HEARING AND PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD

 

Nancy Dougherty read an email she had received. 

 

“You will want to be aware that the public comment portion of the BCC hearings has changed.  It is now no longer than 15 minutes long and is placed immediately following the consent agenda, so be there early if you wish to speak.  The three minute maximum remains; however, if there are no more than five people who wish to speak, the time will be reduced proportionally or moved to the end of the agenda.”

 

OTHER

 

Steve Graeper reported he has not received any notifications from the county regarding zoning variances or measure 37 issues for the Rhododendron area.  He has not heard anything since April, 2006.

There was a question from the attendees as to the status on the violation ordinance’s status on All Ways Towing. Steve will talk to Clackamas County Planning and report on status at our next meeting.

 

Sharon Lamoreaux suggested moving CPO monthly meeting back to Rhododendron. Nancy is going to make some calls and see if we can find a place to hold our meetings.  This won’t happen until spring.

 

Nancy Dougherty motioned to adjourn the meeting at 11:25 a.m.

Dan Holm seconded, and everyone voted in favor.